The Inns of Court Victoria is pleased to announce that it will be hosting a 2-hour in-person seminar on the topic of “The New Court of Appeal Act and Rules”.
- David Mulroney
- Michael Scherr
The panelists will be discussing about the new British Columbia Court of Appeal Act and Rules.
Professional Development Credits: This course offers up to 2 hours of Professional Development Credits (See “How to get PD Credit” below).
When: Wednesday, February 22, 2023
Time: Doors open at 4:30pm in the afternoon. Check–in is between 4:30pm and 5:00pm.
Buffet supper commences at 5:10pm. The program begins at 5:30pm and ends at 7:30pm.
Location: Sticky Wicket Pub, Upstairs called the “Maple Room”
Cost: The cost of the event is $55.00 per person (includes buffet meal) paid to the “Victoria Bar Association”
There are two options to make payment:
- Pay online through the Inns of Court event page at www.Vicbar.ca (click link)
- Pay manually by sending a cheque to Anwar Mujtabah at:
Crease Harman LLP
800 – 1070 Douglas Street
Victoria, BC V8W 2C4
Phone: 250-388-5421, Ext. 114
How to get PD Credit
To get the 2 PD Credits, this is the process after the event has completed:
- Find Law Society “Member Services”
- Select “Member Portal” and enter your information
- Under “Education” select “Continuing Professional Development (CPD)”
- Type the group study name of “Inns of Court” into the “Course/Group Study” name box (leave dates out as this is set up with a date range)
- In the Course/Group Study box type in “Inns of Court”
- From the Drop down menu select “Inns of Court – Victoria”
- Select “Inns of Court Victoria Court (36 Credits) Jan.1 – December 31, 2023” or something similar as the name is undergoing a slight change.
- DO NOT TYPE IN THE NAME OF THIS COURSE WHEN APPLYING FOR CREDITS. YOU WILL NOT FIND IT. YOU DO NOT NEED THE NAME IN ORDER TO CLAIM YOUR 2 HOURS OF CREDIT.
- Under “Record your CPD hours” type ‘2’
- Under “Completion Date” type in the date you took the course
- Select the “Get Credit” Button
You must be a member of the VBA to attend this event. To become a member, see our registration page: https://vicbar.ca/membership-join/