Inns of Court – Victoria Wednesday, October 20, 2021
The Inns of Court Victoria is pleased to announce that it will be hosting a 2-hour Zoom webinar on Ethical issues in Virtual Advocacy on October 20th, 2021.
Our panelists for this presentation will be:
- Honourable Chief Judge Melissa Gillespie – the Chief Judge of the Provincial Court of British Columbia; and
- Honourable Judge Carmen Rogers – Regional Administrative Judge on Vancouver Island Region.
We are grateful for their presentations.
Both Judges Gillespie and Rogers will be presenting on topics related to ethical matter regarding virtual Court rooms, attending court, loss of practice security and certain impacts
Professional Development Credits: This course offers up to 2 hours of Professional Development Credits (See “How to get PD Credit” below).
When: Wednesday, October 20th, 2021, via Zoom Conferencing
Where: At your location, provided you have internet access and computer
Cost: The cost of the event is $15.00 per person paid by Friday October 16, 2021, to the “Victoria Bar Association”
There are two options to make payment:
1. Pay online through the Inns of Court event page at www.Vicbar.ca (click link)
2. Pay manually by sending a cheque to Anwar Mujtabah at:
Crease Harman LLP
800 – 1070 Douglas Street
Victoria, BC V8W 2C4
Phone: 250-388-5421, Ext. 114
How to get PD Credit
To get the 2 PD Credits, this is the process after the event has completed:
Find Law Society “Member Services”
Select “Member Portal” and enter your information
- Under “Education” select “Continuing Professional Development (CPD)”
- Type the group study name of “Inns of Court” into the “Course/Group Study” name box (leave dates out as this is set up with a date range)
- In the Course/Group Study box type in ‘Inns of Court”
- From the Drop down menu select “Inns of Court – Victoria”
Select “Inns of Court Victoria Court (36 Credits) Jan.1 – December 31, 2021” or something similar as the name is undergoing a slight change.
- DO NOT TYPE IN THE NAME OF THIS COURSE WHEN APPLYING FOR CREDITS. YOU WILL NOT FIND IT. YOU DO NOT NEED THE NAME IN ORDER TO CLAIM YOUR 2 HOURS OF CREDIT.
- Under “Record your CPD hours” type ‘2’
- Under “Completion Date” type in the date you took the course
- Select the “Get Credit” Button