Call For Participants – Inns of Court – Victoria Wednesday March 18, 2020
The Inns of Court Victoria is grateful to Master Bouck and to Immigration Lawyer David Aujla for their respective presentations.
Master Bouck will speak on “What costs order should you seek and what can the Judge, Master or Registrar provide?
This should be of interest to lawyers who often wonder what discretionary level is appropriate where there is a wide range of possibilities on the scales stated in the Rules.”
David Aujla a very experienced senior lawyer will speak on Immigration matters his topic including:
- Student and Post Graduate work permits
- BC PNP Express Entry –Skilled
- Intra-corporate transfers
- Work permit holders NAFTA/CETA International Agreement Workers
- BC PNP Business & Regional Business
Professional Development Credits
This course offers 2 hours of Professional Development Credits (See “How to get PD Credit” at the foot of this announcement.)
Wednesday March18, 2020
Doors open at 4:30 in the afternoon. Check–in is between 4:30 and 5:00 sharp. DO NOT BE LATE. Buffet supper at 5:10. Program from 5:30 to 7:30.
919 Douglas Street,
Sticky Wicket Pub
Upstairs called the “Maple Room”
919 Douglas Street
$50.00 per person (includes a buffet meal) paid by Friday March 13, 2020 to the “Victoria Bar Association”
Payment to be sent to Sarah Goodman at
Crease Harman LLP
800 – 1070 Douglas Street
Victoria, BC V8W 2C4
P: 250-388-5421, Ext. 115
F: 250.388.4294 Email: email@example.com
Participants will be selected on a first come, first serve basis. Space is limited to 60 people.
As part of the registration fee a buffet supper will be provided with dishes for various preferences as follows:
House Green Salad
Roast Beef infused with Garlic & Rosemary carved by attending Chef
Rolls and whipped butter
Juice, Soda, Tea & Coffee
How to get PD Credit
To get the 2 PD Credits, this is the process after the event has completed:
- Find Law Society “Member Services”
- Select “Member Portal” and enter your information
- Under “Education” select “Continuing Professional Development (CPD)”
- Type the group study name of “Inns of Court ” into the “Course/Group Study” name box (leave dates out as this is set up with a date range).
In the Course/Group Study box type in ‘Inns of Court”
- From the Drop down menu select “Inns of Court – Victoria”
- Select “Inns of Court Victoria Court (36 Credits) Jan.1 – December 31, 2020” or something similar as the name is undergoing a slight change.
- DO NOT TYPE IN THE NAME OF THIS COURSE WHEN APPLYING FOR CREDITS. YOU WILL NOT FIND IT. YOU DO NOT NEED THE NAME IN ORDER TO CLAIM YOUR 2 HOURS OF CREDIT.
- Under “Record your CPD hours” type ‘2’
- Under “Completion Date” type in the date you took the course
- Select the “Get Credit” Button