The Inns of Court Victoria is pleased to announce that it will be hosting a 2-hour Zoom webinar on Lawyers assisting Lawyers who have on February 23, 2022.
We will have two panelists for this webinar:
- David W. Hay, Q.C. from Richards Buell Sutton LLP, and
- Derek LaCroix, QC, of the Lawyer Assistance Program of British Columbia.
Both of Mr. Hay and Mr. LaCroix will be speaking on topics regarding the Lawyer’s Assistance Program and about the funding offered by the Benevolent Fund.
Professional Development Credits: This course offers up to 2 hours of Professional Development Credits (See “How to get PD Credit” below).
When: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, via Zoom Conferencing
Where: At your location, provided you have internet access
Cost: The cost of the event is $15.00 per person paid to the “Victoria Bar Association”
There are two options to make payment:
- Pay online through the Inns of Court event page at www.Vicbar.ca (click link)
- Pay manually by sending a cheque to Anwar Mujtabah at:
Crease Harman LLP
800 – 1070 Douglas Street
Victoria, BC V8W 2C4
Phone: 250-388-5421, Ext. 114
How to get PD Credit
To get the 2 PD Credits, this is the process after the event has completed:
- Find Law Society “Member Services”
- Select “Member Portal” and enter your information
- Under “Education” select “Continuing Professional Development (CPD)”
- Type the group study name of “Inns of Court” into the “Course/Group Study” name box (leave dates out as this is set up with a date range)
- In the Course/Group Study box type in ‘Inns of Court”
- From the Drop down menu select “Inns of Court – Victoria”
- Select “Inns of Court Victoria Court (36 Credits) Jan.1 – December 31, 2022” or something similar as the name is undergoing a slight change.
- DO NOT TYPE IN THE NAME OF THIS COURSE WHEN APPLYING FOR CREDITS. YOU WILL NOT FIND IT. YOU DO NOT NEED THE NAME IN ORDER TO CLAIM YOUR 2 HOURS OF CREDIT.
- Under “Record your CPD hours” type ‘2’
- Under “Completion Date” type in the date you took the course
- Select the “Get Credit” Button