Inns of Court – Victoria Wednesday March 31, 2021
The Inns of Court Victoria is grateful to Master Bouck and to David Aujla, a senior immigration lawyer, for their respective presentations.
Master Bouck will speak on Tariff of costs related topics:
- What costs order should a party seek and when; and
- Tips to maximize a party’s recovery of costs on an assessment.
This should be of interest to lawyers who often wonder what discretionary level is appropriate where there is a wide range of possibilities on the scales stated in the Rules.
David Aujla, a senior lawyer, will speak on Immigration matters. His topics include:
- Student and Post Graduate work permits
- BC PNP Express Entry –Skilled
- Intra-corporate transfers
- Work permit holders NAFTA/CETA International Agreement Workers
- BC PNP Business & Regional Business
Professional Development Credits
This course offers 2 hours of Professional Development Credits (See “How to get PD Credit” below).
Wednesday March 31, 2020 via Zoom
4:00 in the afternoon
Zoom (Your location provided you have computer access).
$15.00 per person paid upon signing for the event. Payment is made to “Victoria Bar Association” or made online through the Vicbar website.
Manual Payment to be sent to Mr. Anwar Mujtabah at:
Crease Harman LLP
800 – 1070 Douglas Street
Victoria, BC V8W 2C4
P: 250-388-5421, Ext. 114
How to get PD Credit
To get the 2 PD Credits, this is the process after the event has completed:
- Find Law Society “Member Services”
- Select “Member Portal” and enter your information
- Under “Education” select “Continuing Professional Development (CPD)”
- Type the group study name of “Inns of Court” into the “Course/Group Study” name box (leave dates out as this is set up with a date range).
- In the Course/Group Study box type in ‘Inns of Court”
- From the Drop down menu select “Inns of Court – Victoria”
- Select “Inns of Court Victoria Court (36 Credits) Jan.1 – December 31, 2021” or something similar as the name is undergoing a slight change.
- DO NOT TYPE IN THE NAME OF THIS COURSE WHEN APPLYING FOR CREDITS. YOU WILL NOT FIND IT. YOU DO NOT NEED THE NAME IN ORDER TO CLAIM YOUR 2 HOURS OF CREDIT.
- Under “Record your CPD hours” type ‘2’
- Under “Completion Date” type in the date you took the course
- Select the “Get Credit” Button