July 16, 2020 at 12:04 pm #email@example.comParticipant
We are recruiting an experienced Litigation Paralegal / Legal Assistant for our Victoria litigation firm in Historic Chinatown. Our general service law firm provides high quality representation in most areas of law. We are looking for a litigation paralegal / legal assistant to assist with litigation at every level of court with a wide variety of practice areas including personal injury, civil litigation, employment law, family law and administrative law. The ability to handle a large workload and multiple priorities is a must.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years experience effectively case managing personal injury files, Part 7 ICBC benefits, civil litigation, and family litigation. This individual will communicate frequently with the clients and manage lawyer calendars and deadlines. This candidate will be expected to order and organize records electronically, prepare various court documents, invoice clients, draft various correspondence, and manage client files.
• Ordering records from medical, government, and private entities.
• Organizing records and documents electronically and managing legal files required.
• Drafting legal forms for civil litigation, administrative tribunals, and appellate court.
• Booking appointments for clients for assessment by various medical experts.
• Providing administrative support to lawyers including screening phone calls, managing calendars, booking appointments, and booking travel and accommodation.
• Supporting lawyers for preparation and attendance at trial or administrative hearings including organizing evidence, preparing exhibits, scheduling witnesses, communicating with the court and ensuring that witnesses are available.
• Handling all communication with clients including emails and phone calls.
• Invoicing clients, inquiring on accounts receivable, and preparing settlement documents.
• Ensuring all deadlines are met and limitation dates are followed.
• A minimum of 5 years experience as a legal assistant in personal injury and general civil litigation practice.
• A legal assistant or paralegal certificate from a recognized program.
• Familiarity with civil litigation, BC Supreme Court Civil Rules, BC Supreme Court Family Rules and legal processes.
• Requires a detail-oriented individual with a keen interest in electronic file management.
• A problem-solver able to work effectively in team environments and independently.
• Strong English communication skills required.
• In-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Windows, and Adobe Acrobat.
• Familiarity with ESILaw an asset.
• Familiarity with Facebook, Instagram, and other social media an asset.
• Familiarity with electronic document management and cloud computing an asset.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Extended health and dental benefits are available after probationary term. The firm is located in Historic Chinatown in Victoria, British Columbia. Work week is Monday to Friday.
Please apply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to discuss the position prior to applying, please feel free to contact our office at 250-360-2500 for a confidential discussion.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.